Kainai Women’s Wellness Lodge’s main purpose is to provide a safe and secure environment, crisis intervention and support to women and children seven a days a week, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
To guide and empower people to create opportunities that allows them to express or experience wholeness.
- Going through the full cycle of Life
- Raising Children
- Respect. Honor. Decency. Moral Living.
- Sacred. Reverence. Protection. Safety
- High Quality/Dignity/Attractive
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- 24 hour crisis line
- Emergency accommodations
- Supportive Crisis Counseling
- Elder and cultural support
- Advocacy and referral
- Education in family violence & safety
- Child support programs
- One on one crisis counseling and support
- Outreach Programs
- Assist families moving back into the community:
- Assist in building healthy support structures & violence free lives.
- Provide basic needs, support, referrals, & advocacy.
- Offer Healing Circles and Elder Services.
Family Violence Prevention Programs:
- Breaking the cycle of abuse within the community.
- Providing family violence preventions and education.
- Services provided through partnerships with designated Community Resource Centers.
- Advocacy, supports and referrals
Family Support Programs:
This program utilizes experiential learning styles and Sharing Circles to transfer knowledge and learning with youth and their families.
- Medicine Wheel Teachings
- Conflict Resolution & Stress Management
- Peer Influence & Positive Relationships
- Recreational & Social Support
CRISIS WORKERS WILL WORK WITH PARTICIPANTS IN AREAS SUCH AS:
- Understanding the effects and cycle of abuse.
- Increase awareness about the multigenerational effects of family violence.
- Safety planning
- Understanding healthy relationships
- Parenting after domestic violence
- Building Self-Esteem
ACCESS TO ELDERS:
Kainai Women’s Wellness Lodge is guided by traditional Native Culture and Strives to provide this for families by offering access to Elders.
Elders are an important part of the Aboriginal community, as they have wisdom to share and provide Guidance.
PREVENTION & WORKSHOPS
Improve skills and develop knowledge through workshops and preventions in areas of literacy, nutritional, and much more…